Wednesday 21 July 2010

Probably the last birds for a while

I have now worked my way to the end of my files from our Farne Islands visit.  Here are just a few more of my favourites.
Razorbill





I couldn't resist a couple of portraits of the birds on the cliff edges.  Razorbill on the left and Shag below.










Shag





















I couldn't resist this one taken from the land side of the fence.


The arctic terns will nest anywhere - these are on some steps.






Just as we were about to get on the boat to return to Seahouses a Ringed Plover was spotted on the beach.


And I can't say goodbye to the Farne Islands without including my favourite picture of an Arctic Tern in flight.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be moderated by Paula Davies before it is published.